HDCS is excited to host a series of FREE educational webinars to provide up to date information, insights and recommendations on best practices around cannabis banking.
Please see our upcoming events and webinars below to register.
Got Cannabis? How to Detect and Monitor Cannabis Deposits
Taking place Thursday, October 15th, 2020 from 9:00 - 10:00 am PDT
Did you know that more and more BSA/AML audits are uncovering hidden cannabis deposits? It’s less surprising when you understand that the legal cannabis industry in the U.S. is approaching $20B in annual revenue and naturally a lot of that money is finding its way into the banking system. And illegal cannabis sales are even larger than legal cannabis sales and that money is being discovered in banks, as well.
It’s important for all bank leaders and compliance professionals to become aware of the realities of cannabis, make informed decisions, and take appropriate actions based on their financial institution’s risk appetite and objectives.
Attend this free webinar to learn:
- about the cannabis industry and the associated laws and regulations
- how to proactively screen your existing deposits portfolio for cannabis
- how to monitor and detect cannabis businesses and deposits on an ongoing basis
- what to do when you find cannabis deposits in your system
Encore Webinar (Free):
Cannabis Banking can Boost your Bottom Line
Took place Thursday, August 6th, 2020 at 9:00am - 10:00pm PST
Attend this webinar to learn how other financial institutions are banking cannabis, safely and profitably. We'll walk you through both the financial and compliance equations to help you understand what a Cannabis Banking Program could look like at your financial institution and how it can translate to your bottom line.
In the meantime, here are a few things to consider:
- Cannabis Businesses represent a new source of liquidity for lending.
- Cannabis deposits require enhanced due diligence and BSA/AML controls.
- You can and should get paid for managing additional risk.
- Cannabis Banking can provide a 100 bps of additional spread, net of the costs of managing the program.
- All of this can be achieved without significant investments in new personnel and technology (learn how to avoid unsustainable programs, technologies, and pricing models)
To request a recording of this recent webinar, please fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page and put “requesting recording of webinar” in the message field.
Schedule a FREE Cannabis Banking Consultation
We are available to schedule a short video conference for any of your team to go through the Cannabis opportunity and what we believe best practices look like. We are also happy to conduct a free assessment of your existing or proposed program and provide recommendations.
Just let us know a time that is convienent for you!